Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Have YOU tried ThredUp??

If I love one thing, it's shopping for my (adorable) little people.  I've said way more than once that if I was going to change careers (and had endless $$$ to burn...)  I would open a kid's clothing store.  Sadly, that's not likely in the immediate future...  BUT, ThredUp has allowed me to use a little less of my cash to outfit my kiddos--and for that reason, I LOVE them.

Let the record show, before I get any farther.... I am *NOT* being compensated by ThredUp in *ANY* way for this blog post...  (although wouldn't I love it if I were??)

ThredUp is like an online consignment store.  They only accept like new kids items (and even weed out the "crummy" store brands for you!), and while they are more spendy than say Goodwill clothes run--you can outfit your kid in unique togs for a fraction of what you'd spend if you were shopping retail.  I've ordered from them at least a dozen times, and I've been pleased with almost everything (I'll cover that in a minute). 

I've snagged special occasion items, new with tags items, REALLY high end items, and a little bit of everything--and all from the relative comfort of my own home (toddlers running around anyone?).  I've referred friends, and have ordered boxes as gifts.  If you love to shop, and love NOT having to leave home to do it--you  may want to check them out.

Now... about the things that I wasn't thrilled with...   Their customer service ROCKS.  I've had a few problems with items either showing  up with snags/stains/etc, or being the wrong size, etc.  Without exception, every single time I've emailed customer service, I've received a quick reply, and they've made the situation right.  There was one order where I think three out of twelve items had some issue, and they asked if I could send along photos for them to pass to their quality control team, which wasn't a big deal to me at all. 

You can even send your clothes to them to get credit!  Here's what I did... After reading lots of people say that their payouts for stuff wasn't great, I bagged up all of my yard sale leftovers (that I would have likely taken to Goodwill or just donated) and sent them to ThredUp.  I did include a few high end items, as I wanted to believe that they'd be accepted and re-listed for sale... 

I tend to be pretty meticulous about what I put on my kiddos, and I was disappointed that some of the higher end items I sent were not accepted at all... But some of the stuff that I would literally *never* put on my kids were accepted and marked WAY higher than I thought they should be...  I think of the three bags I sent in to them, I received about $50 total in credit (averaged about $15/bag), or about $1-2 per item they accepted to re-sell on the site.  I would totally send them more bags in the future, but would be leary of sending anything really high end unless it was *maybe* new with tags, since I sent in at least one of those items that wasn't accepted either.  OH well... 

They're great.  Love them.  I would LOVE to give out a ThredUp prize sometime soon for people to try them out...  (Maybe someone from ThredUp will get that *subtle* hint???)

Now thru Friday, if you are placing your first order, use code MAR15 to get $15 off of your first order! 
While you're at it... Join through this link:  http://www.thredup.com/r/X7TV59 and get $10 off (I believe) in addition to the $15.  Not sure if you can use both on the same order--but you should be able to use both credits--at least as I understand it. 

[Full disclosure:  That is my referral link, so you join and get $$ and I get $$ for sending you...]

GO!  Shop!  Enjoy their offerings... and let me know what you think when you get your first (or subsequent...) orders! 

No comments:

Post a Comment