Thursday, April 11, 2013

App Review: Wrapp

I love shopping and I love saving money.  Two things that usually don't quite go together. 

Enter Wrapp

Wrapp is a fun app that lets you send gift cards to your friends.   Usually the gift cards are pretty small, (or significantly larger for sites with heftier price tags).    You join through facebook, it imports your contacts, their birthdays, and you're off to the races. 

There are merchants who are always offering free gift cards of some denomination.  Some of the more recent ones I've seen are Office Depot (Free $5), Shutterfly (Free $10), MLB.com (Free $10), Sephora (Free $5) and more.  Even if it doesn't cost anything, it's nice to send a little something to a friend on a birthday (or just because). 

Since I started using this app a few months ago, I've received two $5 Gap cards (that I used to snag TWO $60 dresses on final clearance and some chapstick for less than $1 out of my pocket), a $10 MLB.com gift card that I used to snag a FREE baseball t-shirt (Oakland A's anybody?  I just liked that it was green), and a $5 gift card to Sephora that I used to order a small bottle of my faaaaavorite shower gel (and three pretty great perfume samples) for only $2 out of my pocket.  The free gift cards aren't huge, nor will they probably land you loads of free goodies... but it's totally worthwhile, and fun in my opinion. 

Let me know what good deals you snap up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment