Friday, April 12, 2013

In Today's Mail: Vitacost "Be Well" Box (Review)

I've mentioned that I like getting goodies in the mail.  Today was a red letter day for that--Two surprise boxes in one package!

I've already reviewed my "Be Pretty" box from Vitacost, which means next up is the "Be Well" box. 

Here goes... 

Mmm...  Apple Clusters...

Peeled snacks in Apple Clusters flavor.  0.63 Ounces.  I've heard that these are tasty.  Based on prices on the web, I'm calling this about a $1.50 value.

Minami MorEPA Minis Teen, Strawberry Softgels.  This is a full sized product... I'm just a little confused at the "Teen" formula.  I know that fish oil is healthy and all, but this one just seemed a little strange.  We'll use it, I guess... But seemed random, since there are not currently now nor will there be teenagers in our home for the forseeable future.  Sells for $25/bottle.

Natrol Melatonin 5mg dissolvable tablets.  I have *no* problems sleeping (save for the occasional shrieking toddler)... but I may pass this along and see if the husband may enjoy (is that even the right word?).  Based on online prices, I'm calling this a $0.40 value.

New Chapter WholeMega Flex Joint Fomula Softgels.  This is another full size product, that apparently sells for $36.  I was not aware how spendy the fish oil gels could be.  I'm actually sort of looking forward to taking these (as long as they don't taste terrible).  I descend from a line of folks who've needed joints replaced, so maybe an ounce (or at least 60 softgels worth) of prevention may be worth something?? 

Welesse Vitamin D 1000 IU drink/shot/something... This is liquid.  And it's in a small bottle.  It claims to be berry flavored, but I am a little hesitant.  I'm sure it's healthy, but I have a thing with liquid medicines.  (Too much cough syrup as a child, I think..)  I'm calling the value on this $1.75 based on the prices online. 

Total value for this box....

Approximately $65

I'm pretty "meh" on this one.  I guess it's stuff that we will use, but not stuff that I would normally buy.  I know, I know....  That's why you buy the surprise box....  To try new things... But I'm just not that thrilled with these things.  It's still a great deal at $13.99/box, don't get me wrong, just not sure it's a box I'd try again.  Maybe once more when  I run out of these fish oil gels--just in case.... A girl can only use so many fish oil capsules...Am I right?? 

Do you want to try out a Vitacost "Be" box?  (I recommend the "Be Pretty" one...)  Go here, join, and get a $10 credit on  your first order.  They have other great stuff (at pretty nice prices) besides the boxes, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment