Monday, April 15, 2013

Review: April 2013 Conscious Box

I love getting stuff in the mail, and I love surprises. 

Thus, I kind of love getting boxes of surprises in the mail.   So when I saw a sweet promo a few weeks ago (possibly even before I started blogging... so don't feel too bad that I didn't share it!) that let me get a month's worth of the Conscious Box for about $2 shipped, I just couldn't pass it up. 

I received my Conscious Box the other day (same day I got my two "Be" Boxes from Vitacost) and decided to spread out the excitement and wait a day to open it.  We had a pretty jam-packed weekend, so I didn't have time to post what came inside until just now. 

Due to some technical issues....  I am only able to post a thumbnail of the box contents for now.  I'll try to post the full size picture later, but here's the general idea: 

While it was mostly single use packets, there sure were a lot of them!

As a rule, I tend to think that single use packets aren't really worth much--even if there are a lot of them.   I'd say that most items aren't ones I would have purchased (and to be honest I'm not sure I'd actually purchase most of these things...) so that's something.  There were some definite "hits" and quite a few "misses" for me with this box.

Hits included the GoGo Squeez Applesauce pouch, that the wee-est one gobbled up as soon as he caught a glimpse of it.  My kids LOVE the fruit puree pouches, and this one was no exception. 

Another highlight is the 4 ounce bottle of Ecos all natural laundry detergent.  While this is good for 2 loads, I think it'll be more convenient to pack along on a trip and wash something in the sink if necessary.  Smells like Lemon Grass (which smells great, but tastes terrible...), so that's a fun new scent in detergent for me. 

Also included was a packet of NurturMe Freeze Dried Peas baby food.  We've had NurturMe Stuff in the past and the kids like it.  Works great to mix in with other foods to sneak veggies in for non-veggie eaters (I blame my husband for that...!)  One packet isn't a super great value, but we'll certainly used them, so that's something.

The only other really nice item included was a Lafes all natural lip balm in a cute little tin.  I'd totally think of purchasing these on my own.  I just noticed that Amazon has a FIFTY PACK of these listed for $7.00 as an add-on for orders over $25.  I suspect that this is a pricing error...  But you *may* be able to score a ridiculously awesome deal if you need a TON of lip balm. 

Misses: 
Pretty much everything else...  I got some Spirulina capsules, two CoQ10 enzyme tablets, a glass bottle of something herbal and green (?), a couple individual packets of lotion, a tea bag, and a fish oil gel thing....  I will try to actually put up specifics of these, but in my mind, free samples that I could get from the company anyway (for free) don't make a great subscription box.  I like to think that I'm getting a great deal, and when I get one use of something, I tend to think "Meh" overall.

Since I only paid about $2 for this box, I think it was worth it for the lip gloss and applesauce alone... But I would not probably pay full price for this box again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment